See also: Upland
The word as an adjective developed in Middle English.
upland (plural uplands)
- The area in the interior of a country with a generally higher elevation; often hilly, but not generally mountainous (compare highlands).
- (obsolete) The country, as against the town.
- upland cotton (Gossypium barbadense)
- upland moccasin
- upland sandpiper (Bartramia longicauda)
- upland sumach
- sunlit uplands
the area in the interior of a country with a generally higher elevation
upland (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, or situated in the uplands.