See also: Upland
The word as an adjective developed in Middle English.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈʌplənd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈʌplənd/, /ˈəp-/
- Hyphenation: up‧land
upland (plural uplands)
- The area in the interior of a country with a generally higher elevation; often hilly, but not generally mountainous (compare highlands).
- (obsolete) The country, as against the town.
area in the interior of a country with a generally higher elevation
upland (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, or situated in the uplands.