Supposed to represent the sound of snoring.
- A snoring sound, implying that somebody is asleep.
- (onomatopoeia) To sleep or snore.
- 1909, H. G. Wells, Tono-Bungay, page 461:
- He lay back on his pillow, made a faint zzzing sound that ceased, and presently and quite quietly he died — greatly comforted by my assurance.
- 1996, Charlotte Abrams, The Silents, page 42:
- He zzzed for a long time, bobbing back and forth, and then he let us go, pointing to two empty seats across the aisle and motioning for us to sit down.