- (uncountable) The condition of being exposed, uncovered, or unprotected.
- Limit your exposure to harsh chemicals.
- Get as much exposure to a new language as you can.
- (countable, uncountable) That part which is facing or exposed to something, e.g. the sun, weather, sky, or a view.
- They rented a cabin with a beautiful southern exposure.
- (uncountable) Lack of protection from weather or the elements.
- The vagrant died of exposure.
- 1993, Paul Chadwick, The Ugly Boy, Dark Horse Books
- As all of you know, a great tragedy occurred yesterday. Arthur Harcourt died of exposure sometimes in the morning in the woods off Mount Tom Road.
- (photography) An instance of taking a photograph.
- (photography) The piece of film exposed to light.
- (photography) Details of the time and f-number used.
- (horticulture) The amount of sun, wind etc. experienced by a particular site.
lack of protection
taking a photograph
time & f-number
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.