- præmium (archaic)
premium (not comparable)
- A prize or award.
- Something offered at a reduced price as an inducement to buy something else.
- A bonus paid in addition to normal payments.
- The amount to be paid for an insurance policy.
- An unusually high value.
- (finance) The amount by which a security's value exceeds its face value.
a prize or award
something offered at a reduced price as an inducement to buy something else
a bonus paid in addition to normal payments
the amount to be paid for an insurance policy
- Premia is much less common than premiums, accounting for less than 1% of total usage in US (COCA) and 4% in UK (BNC).
- (finance): discount