- (transitive) To strengthen, especially by addition or augmentation.
- He reinforced the handle with a metal rod and a bit of tape.
- (transitive) To emphasize or review.
- The right homework will reinforce and complement the lesson!
- (transitive) To encourage a behavior or idea through repeated stimulus.
- Advertising for fast food can reinforce unhealthy dietary tendencies.
- (strengthen): strengthen, augment, fortify, buttress, bolster, line
- (emphasize): emphasize, review, repeat
- (encourage): encourage, reward, instruct, teach, learn
to strengthen by addition