See also résident
resident (plural residents)
- person, animal or plant living at a location or in an area
- a bird which does not migrate during the course of the year
- a graduated medical student who is receiving advanced training in a specialty
- She's a resident in neurosurgery at Mass General.
- A diplomatic representative who resides at a foreign court, usually of inferior rank to an ambassador.
persons living at a location or an area
graduate medical student receiving medical training
- the person on hand who is the strongest in a particular skill or profession
- He is our resident UNIX expert.
- a student in the medical profession who watches a licensed doctor in order to learn a skill
- resident in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- resident in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- resident at OneLook Dictionary Search