- (uncountable) The art of shaping figures or designs in the round or in relief, professionally performed by a sculptor
- (countable) A work of art created by sculpting.
- There, too, in living sculpture, might be seen / The mad affection of the Cretan queen.
- Works of art created by sculpting, as a group.
art of sculpting
work of art created by sculpting
- To fashion something into a three-dimensional figure.
- To represent something in sculpture.
- To change the shape of a land feature by erosion etc.
to fashion into 3D figure
to represent in sculpture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- sculpture in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- sculpture in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- sculpture at OneLook Dictionary Search
sculpture f (plural sculptures)
- "sculpture" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- vocative masculine singular of