- (sciences) The plus-minus sign, indicating the tolerance or statistical margin of error of a quantity.
- (mathematics) Either value as a result of addition or subtraction.
- More or less
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page 4
- (b) sporophyte with foot reduced, the entire sporophyte enveloped by the calyptra, which is ± stipitate at the base.
- (chess) Advantage for white.
plus-minus sign on Wikipedia.Wikipedia