वनस्पति • (vánaspáti) m
- ‘king of the wood’, a forest tree (esp. a large tree bearing fruit apparently without blossoms, as several species of the fig, the jack tree etc., but also applied to any tree).
- stem, trunk, beam, timber, post (esp. the sacrificial post).
- ‘lord of plants’, the सोम (soma) plant.(clarification of this definition is needed)
- the Indian fig-tree, Bignonia suaveolens
- an offering made to the sacrificial post.
- anything made of wood (esp. particular parts of a car or carriage, a wooden drum, a wooden amulet, a block on which criminals are executed, a coffin etc.).
- an ascetic.
- Name of Vishnu.
- Name of a son of (clarification of this definition is needed) घृत-पृष्ठ (ghṛta-pṛṣṭha).
- (dual) pestle and mortar.
वनस्पति • (vanaspati) f
- Name of a गन्धर्वी (gandharvī).(clarification of this definition is needed)
वनस्पति • (vanaspati) n
- Name of the वर्ष (varṣa) ruled by वनस्-पति (vanas-pati).(clarification of this definition is needed)
- Monier William's Sanskrit-English Dictionary, 2nd Ed. 1899