See also: ◯ [U+25EF LARGE CIRCLE], ⚬ [U+26AC MEDIUM SMALL WHITE CIRCLE], ∘ [U+2218 RING OPERATOR], and Appendix:Variations of "o"
A generic circle shape.
- A female family member in a family tree. Compare □ (“a male family member in a family tree”).
- A circled number ①, ②, ③, etc. represents the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. item.
- A circled letter Ⓐ, Ⓑ, Ⓒ, etc. represents the Ath, Bth, Cth, etc. item.
- Circled letters:
- Ⓐ (“the symbol of anarchism”)
- Ⓣ (“indicates a phone number”)
- Ⓦ (“indicates a website”)
- Ⓧ (“indicates the last date at which the item must be sold at a fixed price under saihan seido, Japan's resale price maintenance system”)
- Ⓨ (“indicates the first date at which the item must be sold at a fixed price under saihan seido, Japan's resale price maintenance system”)
- Intellectual property symbols:
- a symbol used to thinly censor or obscure part of a term
- Often used to obscure a vulgar word, or to obscure trademarks or copyrighted terms or names. The term being targeted is usually easily recognized and purposely poorly obscured. For example, see the quotation above where a word is simultaneously censored as both チ○ポコ and チン○コ.
- 〇: kanji zero