to establish; to found; to set up; to build; to construct
Selected by Emperor Ling.
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): gin3 ning4
- Min Bei (KCR): Gṳ̿ing-nǎing
- Min Nan (POJ): Kiàn-lêng
- Min Bei
- Min Nan
- (historical) Jianning (first era name of the reign of Emperor Ling of Han: 168–172 CE)
- (～郡) (historical) Jianning (a former commandery of China, from the Three Kingdoms period to the Northern and Southern dynasties)
- (～府) (historical) Jianning; Kienning (a former prefecture of Fujian, China, under the Southern Song, Ming and Qing dynasties; modern Jian'ou)
- (～路) (historical) Jianning (a former lu in Fujian, China, under the Yuan dynasty; modern Jian'ou)
- (～縣) Jianning (a county of Sanming, Fujian, China)
- (Fujianese county): 濉城 (county seat)