縣 (radical 120, 糸+10, 16 strokes, cangjie input 月火竹女火 (BFHVF), four-corner 62993, composition ⿰県系(JK) or ⿰⿱⿻且一小系(GTV))
- 县 (simplification, as in 悬 (from 懸))
- 県 (simplification)
- KangXi: page 934, character 23
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 27784
- Dae Jaweon: page 1373, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 5, page 3435, character 11
- Unihan data for U+7E23
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 𥄉 + 系 – to hang 系 by the head 𥄉 (hair hanging down).
- An administrative subdivision of imperial, republican, and communist China, typically translated as "county" but now generally restricted to rural areas, contrasted with the urban "districts" (區)
- (in many cases but not always) The town which serves as the seat of government of such subdivisions, the "county seat"
- (first-level divisions): 省 (shěng), 市 (shì); 道 (dào) (historical)
- (second-level divisions): 區／区 (qū); 州 (zhōu), 市 (shì), 府 (fǔ), 郡 (jùn), 道 (dào) (historical)
縣 • (hyeon) (hangeul 현, McCune–Reischauer hyŏn, Yale hyen)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text