|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: 5||Grade: 2||Grade: 1|
- (Shinto): (Also known as "Benten-sama") The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. Similar to the Muses of Greek mythology, Benzaiten is the goddess of knowledge, sciences, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers. One of the seven gods of luck. She is also the consort of Furōme/Fūame (布拉馬/梵天).
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): the god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 毘沙門 / 毘沙門天 (Bishamonten): the god of warriors.
- 大黒 / 大黒天 (Daikoku / Daikokuten): the god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 寿老人 (Jurōjin): the god of longevity.
- 恵比須 / 恵比寿 / 夷 / 戎 (Ebisu): the god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 布袋 (Hotei): the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.