布袋 (hiragana ほてい, romaji Hotei)
- (Shintō) The Japanese name for the Chinese god, Budai. The fat and happy god of abundance and good health. One of the seven gods of luck.
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 恵比須 / 恵比寿 / 夷 / 戎 (Ebisu): god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 弁才天 / 弁財天 (べんざいてん, Benzaiten): The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The goddess of knowledge, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.
- 毘沙門天 (びしゃもんてん, Bishamonten): god of warriors
- 大黒 / 大黒天 (Daikoku / Daikokuten): the god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 寿老人 (Jurōjin): the god of longevity.