Of native Korean origin. Perhaps related to 속 (sok, “inside”).
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||ssog|
쏙 • (ssok)
- entering or protruding deeply (either towards or away from the speaker, of a small object or of a relatively lesser depth)
동전이 여기 쏙 빠졌어.
- dongjeon-i yeogi ssok ppajeosseo.
- The coin dropped a bit inside here.
이 조각상은 코가 이렇게 쏙 튀어나왔네?
- i jogaksang-eun ko-ga ireoke ssok twieonawanne?
- This statue has a protruding little nose!
- in a state in which large quantities have been drained or removed (both physical and metaphorical)
물이 쏙 빠졌다
- mur-i ssok ppajeotda
- The water was drained in large quantities
살이 쏙 빠졌네
- sar-i ssok ppajeonne
- You lose a lot of weight
- while being excluded
- entrancedly; obsessedly
언어학에 쏙 빠졌어.
- eoneohag-e ssok ppajeosseo.
- I'm obsessed with linguistics now.
마음에 쏙 들다
- ma'eum-e ssok deulda
- to like very much