- IPA(key): /kɛdik/
- Hyphenation: ke‧dik
- (verb suffix) Added to a noun or adjective to form a verb. Most of the time it means to behave as. The derived verb may have a pejorative meaning.
- irigy (“envious”) → irigykedik (“to be envious”)
- (verb suffix) Added to a verb to form a reflexive verb.
- helyez (“to place”) → helyezkedik (“to position oneself”)
- nevel (“to raise (a child)”) → nevelkedik (“to be raised”)
- (verb suffix) Variants:
- -kodik is added to back vowel words
- -kedik is added to unrounded front vowel words
- -ködik is added to rounded front vowel words
- -akodik is added to back vowel words
- -ekedik is added to unrounded front vowel words