- (Australian rules football) Initialism of . [From 1990]
- (American football) Initialism of .
- (US, labor union) Initialism of .
- (obsolete, American football) Initialism of .
- (Australian Football League): Although the AFL was created in 1990, with the inclusion of teams from other states into the Victorian Football League (VFL), historical games and statistics from before that date are commonly referred to as being those of the AFL.
- (American Football League): Four different leagues have used this name. The most common usage of "AFL" refers to the fourth American Football League, which operated from 1960 to 1969 and merged into the National Football League (NFL) in 1970. As part of the merger agreement, all games and statistics from the 1960–1969 AFL are included in NFL records.
- The game of Australian rules football.