Same as Mädchen with a different diminutive suffix.
Mädel n (genitive Mädels, plural Mädels or Mädeln or Mädel)
- (colloquial) girl (especially member of a group of female friends)
- Heut Abend treff ich mich mit meinen Mädels.
- Tonight I'm meeting up with my girls.
- The plural Mädels is used chiefly in northern and central Germany, while Mädeln is used in southern Germany and Austria.
- The unchanged plural Mädel is rare in contemporary usage. (One factor for this may be its being reminiscent of the Nazi girls’ organisation Bund deutscher Mädel).