- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmaɪnkɹɑːftə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈmaɪnˌkɹæftɚ/
- Hyphenation: mine‧craft‧er
Minecrafter (plural Minecrafters)
- (video games) A person who plays the game Minecraft.
- 2012 February 27, Meg Iserloth, “Mojang: Where are They Now?”, in University Chronicle, volume 88, number 33, St. Cloud, Minn.: St. Cloud State University, ISSN 0747-1025, OCLC 7881238, page 9, column 3:
- If the game is on easy mode, the zombies will just pound on the doors and create a really nice scare and, as any Minecrafter knows, they won’t even spawn on peaceful mode.
- 2013, Darren Murph, “The Best Not-exactly-productive Apps”, in iPhone Secrets: Do What You Never Thought Possible with Your iPhone, Indianapolis, Ind.: John Wiley & Sons, →ISBN, part III (Diving into Software), page 185:
- Furthermore, you can sync with other Minecrafters on a local area network in order to invite and play with friends in your own little world.
- 2013 November 4, David Langlois, “Minecon 2013 – Creepin’ around the Corner”, in The Bay Window, volume 14, number 3, Muskegon, Mich.: Muskegon Community College, OCLC 45012770, page 5, column 2:
- He and others in the community had begun discussing the opportunity for a gathering of Minecrafters, similar to anime and sci-fi conventions.
person who plays the game Minecraft