- (Christianity) Initialism of Protestant Reformed Church.
- (Britain) Initialism of Pesticide Residues Committee.
- (politics) Initialism of People's Republic of China.
- Coordinate term: ROC
- 1968, Douglas M. Johnston, Hungdah Chiu, Agreements of the People's Republic of China 1949-1967: A Calendar, Harvard University Press, page x:
- (c) Ratification: It falls outside the scope of this calendar to describe the process of ratification for each agreement. Under the 1954 Constitution of the PRC the function of ratification is to be exercised jointly by the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and the Chairman of the Government. Ratification is mandatory for treaties of peace, mutual non-aggression, friendship, alliance and assistance, and all other treaties which expressly provide for ratification. All other agreements may be submitted for approval by the State Council.
- 2020, “United States Strategic Approach to the People’s Republic of China”, in whitehouse.gov, archived from the original on 2021-01-20, page 1:
- Since the United States and the People's Republic of China (PRC) established diplomatic relations in 1979, United States policy toward the PRC was largely premised on a hope that deepening engagement would spur fundamental economic and political opening in the PRC and lead to its emergence as a constructive and responsible global stakeholder, with a more open society.
- (politics) Initialism of People’s Republic of the Congo.
- (computer science) Initialism of Palm Resource Code (the file format for Palm OS applications.)
abbreviation of People’s Republic of China — See also translations at People’s Republic of China
PRC (countable and uncountable, plural PRCs)
- Initialism of planning review committee.
- Initialism of protocol Review Committee.
- (education) Initialism of Preschool Referral Committee.
- (economics) Initialism of Private Commercial Organisation.
- (communication) Initialism of personal radio communications (e.g. the PRC-77 portable secure FM radio set.)
- (government) Initialism of Police Record Check.
- (Singapore, sometimes derogatory) A person from the People's Republic of China, especially in contrast to native-born Singaporean Chinese.
- 2014 May 1, Helier Cheung, “'No Indians No PRCs': Singapore's rental discrimination problem”, in BBC:
- "It doesn't matter," she said. "They may still think you're a PRC who obtained a British passport."