Proper noun edit
- The national identifier for Russians in international sports recognized by the Internatiional Olympic Committee IOC, while Russia is under ban by the ruling of the Court of Arbitration for Sport supporting the ban enacted by the World Anti-Doping Agency WADA.
Proper noun edit
- (UK, military) The Royal Observer Corps, a United Kingdom defence organisation (1925 to 1992).
- Initialism of . (all senses)
- Coordinate term: PRC
- 1983 March 13, “ROC progress praised by McGovern”, in Free China Weekly, volume XXIV, number 10, Taipei, →ISSN, →OCLC, page 3:
- Former U.S. Senator George McGovern said that during his one-week visit to the ROC he met many friendly, optimistic and energetic people, and called the Republic of China an "energetic" country.
He said he hopes his visit will help to promote understanding between the ROC and liberals in the United States.
- 1994, Hsin-hsing Wu, Bridging the Strait: Taiwan, China, and the Prospects for Reunification, Oxford University Press, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, →OL, page vii:
- This book suggests that the gradual increase of transactions and communications between the two Chinas since 1987 should contribute to the ‘normalization’ of relations between the two Chinas. Nevertheless, these transactions and communications are not expected to lead to the political reunification of the two Chinas in the foreseeable future due to four main obstacles: the PRC’s intention to localize and isolate the ROC internationally; the PRC’s refusal to exclude the use of military force against the ROC; the difference between the two Chinas’ living standards and political philosophies; and the Taiwan Independence Movement.
- 1996 May, Teng-hui Lee, “Political Reforms”, in Peace Through Democratic Reforms, Taipei: Wen Ying Tang Press Inc., →ISBN, →OCLC, page 11:
- Prevented by internal and external influences, this ideal of placing the sovereignty in the hands of the people was not carried out immediately after the establishment of the Republic of China. With the changes of time, particularly with the relocation of the ROC government to Taiwan, we have gradually carried it out at last, but only after having licked our wounds and built our strength for forty years.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:ROC.
- (Canada, politics) The "Rest of Canada", i.e. Canada excluding the province of Quebec.
- Abbreviation of .
- Coordinate term: DRC
- (sports) Abbreviation of .
- (motor racing) Abbreviation of .
- Coordinate term: IROC
- (Russia) Abbreviation of .
- Translingual: ROC
ROC (plural ROCs)