- Largest city in Pennsylvania, located in southeastern part of the state along the Delaware and Schuylkill rivers. Site of the Independence Hall; former capitol of United States. Nicknamed "City of Brotherly Love". It is also the county seat of Philadelphia County, which is coterminous with the city.
- (historical) Ancient name of Amman, the capital of Jordan.
- (historical) Ancient name of Alaşehir, Turkey.
- Any of a number of towns and villages around the world.
largest city in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette