Contributing to developing the Bosnian Wiktionary and related
Hello, I am a new registered user. So greetings to all. I have a specific question. I went through the Help pages, FAQs, etc. but couldn't find an answer to my specific question (Maybe I missed it somewhere). I have also gone to the Bosnian Wiki page but didn't find an answer either. Probably because I am not familiar enough with the way Wiki works. While visiting Dicts's website (http://www.dicts.info/uddl.php), I saw that Bosnian is available in the list of languages of the Wiktionary database. I have translated/localized several websites into Bosnian and have wide language related resources at my disposal. My question is: is there anything that I could do to contribute develop/help on that Wiktionary? I would be glad to contribute. Thanks in advance for your help and advice and best, Senad
Hi there. You will probably be sad to know that we treat Bosnian as a form of Serbo-Croatian. See Wiktionary:About Serbo-Croatian for details of what to do with specific Bosnian issues. I don't speak the language, so it would be no use asking me questions.
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout (EL) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Your account will be renamedEdit
00:05, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
07:29, 21 April 2015 (UTC)