|This is an archive page that has been kept for historical purposes. The conversations on this page are no longer live.|
English to Maori Please!
How would you say "love of my life" in maori, its for a tattoo, so if you are unsure please dont answer! Thanks in advance.
English into Various
Please could someone translate the phrase "Ask not for easier lives, ask to be stronger men" into arabic, hebrew and any other interesting scripts.
Thanks and Much appreciated.
- Do you just want the scripts or the actual language? Like "ask" = "аск"? User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 17:06, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
just wanted the phrase translating so i think it'd be the scripts? its for a tattoo. Thanks
- He means that he want it translated into languages that have interesting scripts. That is, ordinary translation.
- Arabic: لا تسأل من أجل حياة أسهل، ولكن نطلب ان يكون رجل أقوى (since it’s for a permanent tattoo, be sure that you have this verified by one or more native speakers...it probably needs improving.) —Stephen 20:01, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
English to Arabic Months
I like to translate all of the months from English to arabic
- You can look up that information in the entry tables at Appendix:Months of the year. --EncycloPetey 15:47, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- I have just added the direct transcription to Arabic and Chinese Mandarin names of the month of the year in the appendix. Anatoli 03:35, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Hebrew or Arabic translation for tattoo
Hebrew or Arabic translation for tattoo of the words "Live life without regret" (request unsigned by 184.108.40.206)
- Arabic: عيش حياتك دون أسف (3iish Hiyaatak duuna 'asaf) (change to Hiyaatik if you speak to a female but live as is as a general statement or when speaking to a man) (Words used: عاش to live, حياة life, دون without, أسف regret. I changed the translation to "live your life...", which sounds more natural in Arabic, IMHO. --Anatoli 22:37, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- I have verified the translation. Anatoli 19:25, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
english to Irish(celtic).
believe in love
only God can judge me
translate the phrases: believe in love, only god can judge me, trust, have faith, faith, love to hebrew.
love of my life
Latin help please
How do you translate:
Propter periculum sacra deorum ad portam portabamus, et Anchisae dabamus.
- I make that out as (roughly): "Because of the risk, we were carrying [sacra] of god toward the gate and giving (it) to Anchisae (the father of Aeneas)." I'm not quite sure how best to translate the word "sacra", but it means "holy things" or maybe "relics"? We had this very same question in 2006. --EncycloPetey 19:41, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Translate a song from english to hawaiian...
I need to translate this song into hawaiian again, Translated it to english to have a friend help add lines so...
Listen to me Small rose, come Come here to me
If I could I would, gentle moon Oh, gentle moon. Let me be.
Here I am Calling to you, listen to me It is exciting
Sweet sound, lift me up Breathe me in.
The sound Of your fearless voice, two of us lost in the mist O my beloved
I shall clear the way, Sailing forward on a Endless sea.
Tell the refrain Of you and I Lost in desire
Never let it end, Our vermillion hearts. Beating as one.
English to Dari
I am alergic to bread.
I am alergic to penicillin.
how do you say these two sentences in Dari. Thank you.
english to hebrew or aramaic
1) "carpe diem" 2) "strength"
It's for a tattoo, though some other ideas i had were:
3) "only God can judge me" 4) "notw" I'm trying to find as many options as there can be, in VARIOUS languages.
- 1) "carpe diem" = "תפוס את היום" or "אכול ושתו כי מחר נמות" or "קרפה דיאם"...since it's Latin we can just use transliteration into Hebrew characters of the same phrase
- 2) "strength" = "כוח" or "עוצמה"
- 3) "only God can judge me" = "יש אלוקים בשמים" means "there is God in the sky"
- 4) I don't understand what notw it means
- notw = "Not Of This World". Something that some Christians like to say. —Stephen 14:54, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
English to Celtic language and Scottish gaelic
What are the translations for the phrases: a) "Live Life" b) "beautiful soul" c) "i am always by your side"
from english to scottish gaelic AND to celtic language?
English to Dutch 'there is always a way out'
Can you translate 'there is always a way out' into Dutch (The Netherlands/Holland) for me. Thanks so much.
- 'er is altijd een uitweg' Lindert 14:49, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
English to Dutch 'be brave sweet stuff'
Can you translate into Dutch (The Netherlands/Holland) 'be brave sweet stuff'
English in Greek/Ancient Greek
please could you translate the phrase "Ask not for easier lives, ask to be stronger men" into Greek/Ancient Greek please.
i will be eternally greatful.
Hawaiian translation of "trust no one" and "people change"
need "trust no one" and "people change" translated into hawaiian for a tattoo
from English into Latin
Need two phrases translated into LATIN from ENGLISH:
- DISPOSABLE HERO
- More than just a number
Your help is appreciated.
please translate journey into Gaelic
I am wanting to get a tatoo in aramic and need it translated from english to aramaic ancient aramic script if you would please. The thing i need translated is my children's names which are Roman, Paris, Milan and Vienna. Thank you
Hi, please, can someone tell me what is заплепку in the following sentence and what is its singular uninflected form? Thanks.
— Треснуло копыто! Это ничего. Я вас научу, покажу, заплепку какую положить. (unsigned by User:Rosswood40)
- A small correction: Треснуло копыто! Это ничего. Я вас научу, покажу, заклепку какую положить.
- singular uninflected form - заклёпка f (ё is usually written as е) - rivet, the letter "ё" is stressed in most cases.
- Happy reading! English: "The hoof's cracked! That's nothing. I'll teach you what to do and show you what kind of rivet to use." L. Tolstoy, War and peace. Read this part online: 
- Please sign your requests with four tildes (~)
Anatoli 01:26, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
Thanks so much, Anatoli --Rosswood40 09:19, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
translate to jesus loves you to guarani
English to aramaic
- This verse is from the Evangelium secundum Iohannem 8:32 (in Vulgata) or 8:21 (in Peshitta) and in Peshitta it is: ܫܪܪܐ ܢܚܪܪܟܘܢ The uſer hight Bogorm converſation 15:20, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
Hi i need a translation on a small quote in latin , its very important because i am gonna tattoo it
So far i have tried to translate but am not so sure about it .
the translation is " In the call of fate/destiny lies the path to purpose " .
so far i translated it into " In adsumo et fatum Recubo semita ut propositum " .
Presumably separate section (heading added by me, PalkiaX50)
hi want to get a tattoo please translate love, family, trust, in chaldean/aramaic thanks jw