- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈkɔ(ɹ).di.ˌən/
- (US) IPA(key): /ə.ˈkɔɹ.di.ən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ac‧cord‧i‧on
accordion (plural accordions)
- A small, portable, keyed wind instrument, whose tones are generated by play of the wind from a squeezed bellows upon free metallic reeds.
- (graphical user interface) A vertical list of items that can be individually expanded and collapsed to reveal their contents.
- → Irish: acordán
A small, portable, keyed wind instrument
- (transitive, intransitive) To fold up, in the manner of an accordion
- 2000 December 29, Charles Dickinson, “Qi”, in Chicago Reader:
- Still in reverse, she goosed the gas and accordioned the running board a fraction of an inch more.