- Of, or relating to, algebra.
- (mathematics, of an expression, equation, or function) Containing only numbers, letters, and arithmetic operators.
- (algebra, number theory, of a number) Which is a root of some polynomial whose coefficients are rational.
- (algebra, of a field) Whose every element is a root of some polynomial whose coefficients are rational.
- (chess, of notation) Describing squares by file (referred to in intrinsic order rather than by the piece starting on that file) and rank, both with reference to a fixed point rather than a player-dependent perspective.
- (that is the root of some polynomial): transcendental
- (whose every element is the root of some polynomial): transcendental
- (that is the root of some polynomial): quadratic number
- algebraic function
- algebraic equation
- (of or relating to algebra):
- (that is a root of some polynomial):
relating to algebra
containing numbers, letters, and arithmetic operators
which is a root of some polynomial
of a particular notation for chess moves that assigns each square a letter and a number defined from a player-independent perspective