See also: Anarchist
anarchist (plural anarchists)
- One who believes in or advocates the absence of hierarchy and authority in most forms (compare anarchism), especially one who works toward the realization of such.
- One who disregards laws and social norms as a form of rebellion against authority.
- (By extension from previous sense), one who promotes chaos and lawlessness; a nihilist.
- One who resents outside control or influence on his or her life, in particular a government, and therefore desires the absence of political control.
- Self-identified anarchists in sense 1 may object to the use of this term in senses 2 and 3.
believer in anarchism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.