- The act of applying; application.
- An implement, an instrument or apparatus designed (or at least used) as a means to a specific end (often specified).
- Specifically: a non-manual apparatus or device, powered electrically or by another small motor, used in homes to perform domestic functions (household appliance) and/or in offices.
- An attachment, a piece of equipment to adapt another tool or machine to a specific purpose
- (obsolete) Compliance.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
application — see application
a device in its own right
an implement, instrument or apparatus
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967