implement (plural implements)
- A tool or instrument for working with.
- They carried an assortment of gardening implements in the truck.
- 1900, Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams, Avon Books, (translated by James Strachey) pg. 234:
- A man dreamt as follows: He saw two boys struggling—barrel-maker’s boys, to judge by the implements lying around.
- See also Thesaurus:instrument
- to bring about; to put into practice
- It’s a good thought, but it will be a difficult thing to implement.
- to carry out; to do
- Nouns serving as grammatical objects that commonly collocate: plan, programme, strategy, policy, agreement, order, specification, etc.