- To make a judgment (on a dispute) as an arbitrator or arbiter
- to arbitrate a disputed case
- There shall your swords and lances arbitrate / The swelling difference of your settled hate.
- To submit (a dispute) to such judgment
- (mathematics, rare) To assign an arbitrary value to, or otherwise determine arbitrarily.
- We wish to show f is continuous. Arbitrate epsilon greater than zero...
to make a judgment on
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- arbitrate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- arbitrate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911