- To make a judgment (on a dispute) as an arbitrator or arbiter
- to arbitrate a disputed case
- There shall your swords and lances arbitrate / The swelling difference of your settled hate.
- To submit (a dispute) to such judgment
- (mathematics, rare) To assign an object an arbitrary value, or otherwise arbitrarily determine it
- We wish to show f is continuous. Arbitrate epsilon greater than zero...
to make a judgment on
to submit to be judged
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- arbitrate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “arbitrate”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911