See also: àvid
- enthusiastic; keen; eager; showing great interest in something or desire to do something
- I'm an avid reader.
- an avid fan of 1960s sci-fi movies
- 1999, Larry Zuckerman, The Potato: How the Humble Spud Rescued the Western World:
- A blanket disdain for indigenous foods doesn't explain the delay, because Spain was avid to adopt a different New World root.
- 1996, Janette Turner Hospital, Oyster, Virago Press, page 3:
- We waited for something to happen, for anything to happen, we were avid for some event to unfold itself out of the burning nothing to save us.
longing eagerly; eager; greedy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
Declension of avid