See also: blindspot
- The place where the optic nerve attaches to the retina, and so where the retina cannot detect light.
- In driving, the part of the road that cannot be seen in the rear-view mirror.
- When he changed lanes, he sideswiped a car that was in his blind spot.
- (figuratively) An inability to recognize a fact or think clearly about a certain topic, especially because of a prejudice.
- He loves her so much that he has a blind spot when it comes to her faults.
- A location where radio reception and/or transmission is significantly poorer than in surrounding locations.
place where the optic nerve attaches to the retina
part of the road that cannot be seen
- "blind spot" in the Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.