- Propagation of offspring through sexual reproduction.
1950, Gunnar Thorson, “Reproductive and Larval Ecology of Marine Bottom Invertebrates”, in Biological Reviews, volume 25, number 1, pages 1–45:
- In analysing the ecological conditions of an animal population we have above all to focus our attention upon the most sensitive stages within the life cycle of the animal, that is, the period of breeding and larval development.
- The act of insemination by natural or artificial means.
- The act of copulation in animals.
- The good manners regarded as characteristic of the aristocracy and conferred by heredity.
- Nurture; education; formation of manners.
- She had her breeding at my father's charge.
- Descent; pedigree; extraction.
Your dog has good breeding.
- Honest gentlemen, I know not your breeding.
- (gay slang) Ejaculation inside the rectum during bareback anal sex, usually applied to gay pornography.
process through which propagation, growth or development occurs
act of inseminating by natural or artificial means
copulation — see sexual intercourse
copulation of animals
good manners as characteristic of the aristocracy
breeding (not comparable)
- Of, relating to or used for breeding.
- Your toothbrush is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- present participle of
- Through genetic manipulation and harsh training, I am breeding a species of super-dogs to take over the world.