- To introduce a new rule, law, or system of organisation.
- To introduce a person or group of people to an organisation.
- To earn money for a company or for the family.
- 2016 October 24, Owen Gibson, “Is the unthinkable happening – are people finally switching the football off?”, in The Guardian, London:
- BT shelled out almost £1bn for the Champions League over the same period, while the FA has just brought in around £820m over six seasons for the international rights to the FA Cup alone.
- To return a verdict in a court of law.
- To move something indoors.
- Could you bring in the groceries?
to introduce a new rule, law, or system of organisation