built-in (not comparable)
- Constructed as a non-detachable part of a larger structure.
- Being an essential and permanent part of something.
- Being an included feature that normally comes as an extra.
- (being an essential and permanent part of something): instilled, infused, integrated; See also Thesaurus:intrinsic
- (being an included feature that normally comes as an extra): incorporated, integrated
Use built-in when directly before a noun:
- an apartment with a built-in dishwasher
constructed as a non-detachable part
built-in (plural built-ins)
- Anything (such as a piece of furniture, or a software feature) that is built in, not added as an extra.