- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- (of food) Carbonised.
- The toast was too burnt to eat.
- (of a person) Having a sunburn.
- (of a colour) Being darker than standard, especially browner.
The word burnt as the simple past and past participle of burn is largely a UK usage, but its use as an adjective is more widespread.
damaged or injured by fire or heat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked