- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtɚˌmɪlk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtəˌmɪlk/
- Hyphenation: but‧ter‧milk
- The liquid left over after producing butter from full cream milk by the churning process, also called traditional buttermilk.
- Cultured buttermilk, a fermented dairy product produced from cow's milk, with a characteristically sour taste.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked