- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [t͡ɕəwŋ͡m˨˩]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [t͡ɕəwŋ͡m˦˩]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [cəwŋ͡m˨˩]
- lấy chồng ― (of a woman) to get married
- bố/mẹ chồng ― husband's father/mother
- In vợ chồng (“wife and husband”), cô chú (“paternal aunt and her husband”) and cô cậu (“you girls and boys”), the words for women always come first. In most other phrases, the words for males usually come first, except in certain poetic contexts (e.g. mẹ cha (“mum and dad”) as opposed to the usual cha mẹ (“dad and mum”)).
- to stack up
- a stack