From Middle English clymbyng; equivalent to climb + -ing.
climbing (usually uncountable, plural climbings)
- (uncountable) The sport of climbing, ascending a wall or a rock or another object using available holds, generally with the safety of a rope and belayer.
- The next day, the team had to wear special ice climbing footwear while repairing other research devices on the glacier.
- (countable) Climb; ascent.
the sport of climbing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
climbing (not comparable)
- Alternative form of clymbyng