See also: clothes line
- clothes line (UK)
clothesline (plural clotheslines)
- A rope or cord tied up outdoors to hang clothes on so they can dry.
- Hang this towel out on the clothesline for me.
- A structure with multiple cords for the same purpose, such as a Hills hoist.
rope or cord for drying clothes
- To knock (a person) over by striking his or her upper body or neck with one's arm, as if he or she had run into a low clothesline.
- The ref called a personal foul, when he clotheslined the running back.