See also: compétitive
- (economics) capable of competing successfully
- of or pertaining to competition
- 2012 September 7, Phil McNulty, “Moldova 0-5 England”, in BBC Sport:
- Manchester United's Tom Cleverley impressed on his first competitive start and Lampard demonstrated his continued worth at international level in a performance that was little more than a stroll once England swiftly exerted their obvious authority.
- Antonym: cooperative
- (of someone's character) inclined to compete
- (biochemistry) inhibiting the action of an enzyme by binding with it
- (euphemistically, of prices) cheap, especially used of quality products
economics: capable of competing successfully
of or pertaining to competition
inclined to compete
biochemistry: inhibiting an enzyme
of price: cheap
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Rhymes: -ive
- Feminine plural of adjective competitivo.