- (UK) IPA(key): /kənˈsɛptjʊəl/
- (US) IPA(key): /kənˈsɛptʃuəl/, [kʰənˈsɛpt͡ʃul̩]
- Rhymes: -ɛptjʊəl, -ɛptʃuːəl
- Of, or relating to concepts or mental conception; existing in the imagination
- We defined a conceptual model before designing the real thing.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page viii
- The repeated exposure, over decades, to most taxa here treated has resulted in repeated modifications of both diagnoses and discussions, as initial ideas of the various taxa underwent—often repeated—conceptual modification.
- Of, or relating to conceptualism
Terms derived from conceptual
- German: konzeptuell
of, or relating to concepts or mental conception; existing in the imagination
of, or relating to conceptualism
- conceptual in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- conceptual in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911