See also: déclarative
declarative (not comparable)
- (grammar, of a verb, sentence, or mood) Expressing truth.
- 2016, Irina Nikolaeva, “Analyses of the semantics of mood”, in Jan Nuyts and Johan van der Auwera, editors, The Oxford Handbook of Modality and Mood, Oxford: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 69:
- Palmer (1986:26–28) suggested that all languages have a clear way of indicating that the speaker is making a statement which (s)he believes to be true. Such statements are usually expressed by the declarative grammatical structure and the respective mood is called either "declarative" or "indicative"...
- (programming) That declares a construct.
declarative (plural declaratives)
- Synonym of (declarative statement)