See also: déclaration
declaration (plural declarations)
- A written or oral indication of a fact, opinion, or belief.
- A list of items for various legal purposes, e.g. customs declaration.
- The act or process of declaring.
- (cricket) The act, by the captain of a batting side, of declaring an innings closed.
- (law) In common law, the formal document specifying plaintiff’s cause of action, including the facts necessary to sustain a proper cause of action, and to advise the defendant of the grounds upon which he is being sued.
- (computing) The specification of a variable's type
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible, Luke 1:1
- Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us...
- (written or oral indication): avowal, notice, statement
- (list of items for legal purposes): notice, statement
- (act or process of declaring): notice
written or oral indication of a fact, opinion, or belief
list of items for various legal purposes
act or process of declaring
(cricket) act, by the captain of a batting side, of declaring an innings closed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked