deliverance (plural deliverances)
- Act of delivering, the state of being delivered, or something delivered.
- Extrication from danger, imprisonment, rescue etc.
2012 January 1, Philip E. Mirowski, “Harms to Health from the Pursuit of Profits”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 1, page 87:
- In an era when political leaders promise deliverance from decline through America’s purported preeminence in scientific research, the news that science is in deep trouble in the United States has been as unwelcome as a diagnosis of leukemia following the loss of health insurance.
- (act of delivering, something delivered): delivery
Act of delivering, the state of being delivered, or something delivered
Extrication from danger, imprisonment, etc.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.