descending (not comparable)
- Moving or sloping downwards.
- Ordered such that each element is less than or equal to the previous element. (of a sequence)
- Please arrange these numbers in a descending order.
- (music) Becoming lower in pitch.
Derived terms edit
ordered such that each element is less than or equal to the previous element
causing a sequence to follow an descending order
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
descending (plural descendings)
- A descent.
- continual ascendings and descendings