- To ruin many or all things over a large area, such as most or all buildings of a city, or cities of a region, or trees of a forest.
- To destroy a whole collection of related ideas, beliefs, and strongly held opinions.
- To break beyond recovery or repair so that the only options are abandonment or the clearing away of useless remains (if any) and starting over.
- devastated (adjective)
to ruin many or all things over a large area
- devastate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- devastate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- devastate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- inflection of :
- feminine plural of