See also: Diminution
- A lessening, decrease or reduction.
- The new emission standards have produced a measurable diminution in air pollution.
- 2020, Frank Bruni, Donald Trump Is the Best Ever President in the History of the Cosmos:
- That’s the question at the heart of [Donald Trump's] re-election bid, because his strategy isn’t really “law and order” or racism or a demonization of liberals as monument-phobic wackadoodles or a diminution of Joe Biden as a doddering wreck.
- The act or process of making diminutive.
- (music) a compositional technique where the composer shortens the melody by shortening its note values.
- (lessening, decrease): diminishment
lessening, decrease or reduction
diminution f (plural diminutions)
- “diminution”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
diminution (plural diminutiones)