Audio (US) (file)
- (verb) enPR: dĭkrēs', IPA(key): /dɪˈkɹiːs/
- (noun) enPR: dē'krēs, IPA(key): /ˈdiːkɹiːs/
- Rhymes: -iːs
- (become smaller): drop, fall, go down, plummet (rapidly), plunge (rapidly), reduce, shrink, sink
- (make smaller): abate, cut, decrement, lower, reduce
- (become larger): go up, grow, increase, rise, soar (rapidly), shoot up (rapidly)
- (make larger): increase, increment, raise, up (informal)
- An amount by which a quantity is decreased.
- (knitting) A reduction in the number of stitches, usually accomplished by suspending the stitch to be decreased from another existing stitch or by knitting it together with another stitch. See Decrease (knitting).
- (amount by which a quantity is decreased): cut, decrement, drop, fall, loss, lowering, reduction, shrinkage
amount of decrease