See also: díver
diver (plural divers)
- Someone who dives, especially as a sport.
- Synonym: urinator (obsolete)
- Someone who works underwater; a frogman.
- (Britain, Ireland) The loon (bird).
- The New Zealand sand diver.
- The long-finned sand diver.
- (Britain, London, dated) A passenger carrying vehicle using an underground route; specially, a diver tram, one using the former Kingsway tramway subway (1906-1952).
- (slang, obsolete) A pickpocket.
- (sports) A competitor in certain sports who is known to regularly imitate being fouled, with the purpose of getting his/her opponent penalised.
someone who dives
someone who works underwater
the loon (bird) — see loon
dȉver m (Cyrillic spelling ди̏вер)